Dr Navid Amirabadi
MD, FRACGP, FFPMANZCA, FAChPM, FIPP
Dr Amirabadi has 3 specialist qualifications with 3 fellowships from the following Australian colleges:The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP),
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), The Australian Chapter of Palliative Medicine (FAChPM)
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists and the Faculty of Pain Medicine (FFPMANZCA).
- Dr Amirabadi started his post graduate training in emergency medicine and worked overseas for 2 years as an emergency physician before moving to Australia in 2004 to be further trained by the Australasian college of emergency medicine towards becoming an Emergency Specialist. He also perused and he completed further specialist training in Rural General Practice, Palliative Medicine and Pain Medicine across several hospitals in Western Australia,
New South Wales and Queensland.
Dr Amirabadi is currently a visiting Pain Medicine and Palliative Medicine specialist in the following hospitals
- Sydney Adventist Hospital
- Sydney South West Hospital
- Campbelltown Private Hospital
- St Vincent’s Private hospital Brisbane and Northside
- North West Private Hospital, Caboolture Private Hospital and Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Mater Adults and Mater Private hospitals
- Dr Amirabadi is also an Emergency Medicine Senior Medical officer at Mater Adults hospital and a medical educator with Mater Education
Philosophy and approach
Navid is competent yet very compassionate and attentive with his patients and strongly believes that each patient is unique and the therapeutic options should therefore be specific to the person. He is an advocate for using latest technologies including spinal cord and peripheral stimulators and targeted delivery instruments to improve the quality of life of his patients along with other modalities such as radiofrequency treatments and medications in a multidisciplinary approach.
Keeping in mind the old saying from Confucius that “Though pain might be inevitable in life, suffering is optional”, Dr Amirabadi always dedicates his skills and abilities to minimise his patients’ sufferings and offer them the quality of life they deserve.