Dr Antony Kodsi
MBBS, RACP, FAChPM, FFPMANZCA
Pain and Palliative Physician
Dr Kodsi is an Australian trained adult medicine physician, who has qualifications in palliative medicine and pain medicine.
He is a recent addition to the team at Sydney Pain Management Centre and is also a supervisor of training of trainees in pain medicine and regularly involved in teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate medical professionals.
Dr Kodsi is a board-certified Specialist in Pain Medicine and in Palliative Medicine and has fellowships with the Faculty of Pain Medicine ANZCA (FFPMANZCA), the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) and The Chapter of Palliative Medicine (FAChPM).
He is a staff specialist at St Vincent’s Hospital.
- Musculoskeletal and Neuropathic Pain
- Survivorship Medicine
- Coordinating chronic and complex disease conditions
- Cancer Pain
- He is involved in projects to improve health care utilisation and has interests in interventional pain treatments for cancer pain patients and survivors.
- He has also further academic interest in the use of cannabinoids, as well as the management of headaches and orofacial pain.
- Co-morbidity of pain with addiction
- Dr Kodsi studied medicine at Bond University (Queensland) as an undergraduate.
- He completed his residency and specialist training at most of the major tertiary hospitals in Sydney: Westmead, Royal North Shore, Liverpool, St Vincent’s, Prince of Wales and St George.
- He has worked for and with many pioneers in pain and palliative medicine and will soon also be awarded a Master of Medicine in Pain Management at Sydney University.
Antony’s pain management motto: “The best pain doctor is the empowered patient. Somewhere inside that suffering body, there is something better, something empowering, something real.”