Dr Alvin Yapp
M.B.,B.S, FRACP FAChPM
General Medicine and Palliative Medicine Physician
Dr Alvin Yapp is a dual qualified General Medicine and Palliative Medicine Physician. He consults at SPMC Wahroonga and admits in a variety of public and private hospitals including the Sydney Adventist and Macquarie University Hospitals.
– Dr Yapp has a special interest in acute, chronic and complex care medicine with an integrative approach to care.
– He strives to provide holistic care for patients through their care journey.
– Dr Yapp completed his medical degree at the University of Adelaide in 2009.
– He completed his specialities training throughout NSW at Westmead, Royal North Shore and Royal Prince Alfred Hospitals networks.
– Since obtaining his fellowships from the Royal Australasian College of Physician, he has worked as a Consultant Physician and is actively involved with medical education and clinical governance.
– He continues to enjoy contributing to the training of medical students, junior medical officers and specialist trainees to improve patient-centered care.
Being invited to be involved in the care for a person is a great honour. I aim to uphold their best interests by maximising function, dignity and quality of life.